- Upto 40 watts of TX output
- Work the world with SSB voice, and FT8, RTTY, CW without needing a computer.
- Built-in basic logging.
- Fully Open source and documented.
- High performance Hybrid SDR, combines the best of superhet and SDR architectures.
µBITX: Lets you Explore the World ($150 USD)
Transmitter 10 watts of low distortion SSB provides you with enough juice to have thousands of contacts on all HF bands. Chase DX on CW, ragchew on PSK31 or work the nets on SSB. Any common 3 ampere 12 linear volts supply or a set of eight AA batteries will provide enough power for this transceiver.
HackableTo be hackable, it has to be understandable. The µBITX circuit design is simple enough to fit a single page. It’s simplicity encourages you to modify, change and experiment. The µBITX is easily programmable in Arduino’s simple C language. The rig can be uploaded with your own software with just a USB cable. If you made a mistake, just load back the original version from the web! The main board uses discrete, large-sized SMD components laid out in an easy-to-understand manner on a double-sided board with broad tracks. This can be your main module around which you can start experimenting. The kit comes in two flavours: The Basic kit has parts can be installed inside any box that you like. Make your own station rigs, man-packs, SOTA rigs, trail radio or mount it in a cigar box and leave it on your bedside table. The Full Kit comes with a laser cut, powder coated aluminium box, a large 3-1/2 inch speaker to assemble a complete, working transceiver. You only need an antenna and a 12v, 3A power supply to work the world!
Box Content (Full kit)
- Main uBITX v6 board1. Main uBITX board with mounting hardware
- TFT – Raduino Board with Display with mounting hardware for the front panel
- Encoder with presoldered cable
- Tuning knob
- Volume control knob
- USB extender cable
- Mounting screws, nuts
- Power supply jack
- Cabinet (box) – chassis, front, back panel and top panels