sBitx – Developer’s EditionThe sBitx Article | Operating Manual | Circuit Diagrams and Software | Assembly Manual The sBitx Developer’s Edition was a limited run that sold out. Join the https://groups.io/g/bitx20 for announcements regarding future availability. The circuit and the software is all open source we encourage you to try scratch-building it. The sBitx is a 40 watts, fully open source, high performance HF SDR transceiver with in-built popular modes like the FT8, RTTY, PSK31, etc.
Performance from SimplicityPerformance doesn’t have to come with expensive components. A careful application of design principles over inexpensive and readily available parts and modules like the Raspberry Pi and ordinary transistors like the 2N2222s, results in a simple radio that is powerful and yet easily understood. Easy to understand, simple circuit that allows you to modify, enhance or experiment. None of the components cost more than a few dollars. Read the detailed sBitx design paper, download the Circuits and the Software.
- Entire development system is on the radio and preconfigured. Start editing the code and run build to see the changes. No need for any external computer to hack this radio.
- Written in plain C language. If you can read Arduino code, you can code the sbitx too!
- Simple User Interface encourages you to change the layout, create you own look and feel with your own buttons, screen layouts and macros.
- Intuitive approach to SDR
- Understand and learn to do DSP, SDRs. The sBitx’s approach uses a conventional superhet architecture along with convolution SDR to build the simplest SDR architecture.
The ReceiverThe receiver is a hybrid architecture that filters exactly 25 KHz of RF spectrum using an aggressive crystal filter, eliminating the image problems associated with phasing type of SDRs.
- Passive FET mixer without early amplification with +28 dBm IIP3
- 6 pole, 25 KHz bandwidth crystal filter front-end suppresses opposite sideband by 70 db.
- High dynamic range IF system to preserve all closed spaced signals of digital modes.
- General Coverage HF reception
- Ring free Pass Band Tuning for working CW and SSB without fatigue
- Audio Recording of brag tapes
- Automatic decoding of in-built modes like FT8, RTTY, PSK31
- AGC settings of Fast, Medium and Slow
- Band stacking VFOs, 4 frequency/modes on each band
TransmitterThe transmitter is a powerful 40 watts output radio for when the going gets tough
- The PA uses IRFZ24N transistors that can are easily replaced even if you blow them up
- 40 watts on 80m and 40m, goes down to 20 watts on 15m and 6 watts on 10m
- 3 section low pass filters for clean transmit output.
- Two VFOs with split function, incremental tuning.
- Speech compression for SSB
- Better than 43 dbc suppression of spurious emissions
|Frequency||Receive; 100 KHz to 30 MHz, Transmit: 3500-4000, 7000-7300,10000-10150, 14000-14350, 18000-18200, 21000-21450, 24800-25000, 28000-29700 (KHz)|
|Power Output||40 watts on 80M and 40M, 30 watts on 30M and 20M, 20 watts on 17M and 15M, 10 watts on 12M, 6 watts on 10M|
|Power Consumption||Receive: 1.5 A Transmit : 10 A|
|VFOs||Two VFOs A and B, with split operation, tunable in steps of 100 KHz, 10 KHz, 1 KHz, 100Hz and 10 Hz. Direct frequency entry from the keyboardRIT : Receiver incremental tuning +/- 25 KHz Split operation: Cross band|
|Band stacking||4 frequencies/modes on each band, selectable by repeatedly pressing the band switch.|
|Modes||USB, LSB, CW, CW-Reverse, RTTY(45), PSK31, FT8 (with on-display decoding and sending) 2-Tone test signal for intermodulation testing and PEP measurements.|
|Logging||Built-in logger with N1MM format macros, Auto incremental Exchange number of contesting.|
|Recording||Record your QSOs int WAV format files|
|Third party apps||Fldigi: FLdigi intergrated via xml-rpc. QRZ.com: Queries your contact’s callsign on qrz.com|
|Receiver||Noise Figure: +15 dB, IIP3 : +28 dBm|
|Transmitter||Upto 40 watts of variable output power Better than -43 dBc suppression of spurious signals Speech compression on SSB|
|Telnet||Connects to RBN and DX clusters from the radio|
Buy the Fully Assembled sBitx ($499 USD)
Out of StockA fully tested and working sBitx with the original 7 inch Raspberry Pi display and 2 GB Raspberry Pi, all software installed and tested. Included:
- Fully assembled, working sBitx with preloaded software
- 7 inch, ten touch, official Raspberry Pi capacitive display
- Raspberry Pi 4, 2 GB version
- 32 GB SD card with the preloaded sBitx, Fldigi software
- High quality, laser cut, thick aluminum enclosure
- Large heatsink eliminates the need for noisy cooling fan
- DC power connector
Buy the Basic sBitx ($299) (without the Raspberry Pi, the Display and the Microphone)
Out of Stock
- A fully tested and assembled sBitx without the Raspberry Pi, the Display and the Microphone that you will have to supply.
- All the mounting screws, etc. required to mount the Raspberry Pi and the Display (see the Assembly Manual).
- A 32 GB SD card loaded with the sBitx (to be plugged into the Raspberry Pi)